Teralytics AG and its subsidiaries Teralytics Inc., Teralytics Pte. Ltd. and Teralytics GmbH (“Teralytics,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) are committed to handling information responsibly and in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. We are a technology company that works with a variety of clients, data & service providers, and business partners-including wireless carriers and other data suppliers – to develop and provide software and services related to data analytics (collectively, our “Services”). We also collect information when you visit our websites and mobile applications that link to this Privacy Notice (our “Sites”), including www.teralytics.net.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use information in connection with providing our Services and in operating our Sites that link to this Privacy Notice. The Notice also describes the choices you have regarding our collection and use of information in connection with our Services and our Sites. We collect information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. In the US, the purposes may include supporting and delivering interest-based advertising, which we define as online advertising to consumers based on their activities over time across third-party websites or mobile applications.
Information about our Services
- What Information Do We Collect for Our Services?
- How Do We Use Information Collected from Our Services?
- How Do We Share Information Collected from Our Services?
- What Choices Do You Have About Information Collected for Our Services?
- Additional Choices for Information Collected for our Services in the US
Information about our Sites
- What Information Do We Collect for Our Sites?
- How Do We Use Information Collected from Our Sites?
- How Do We Share Information Collected from Our Sites?
Information relating to Job Applicants
- Collection and Use of Information Collected for Employment Purposes
- Sharing of Your Personal Information
- Storage of Your Personal Information
- Your Rights as an Applicant
- How to Contact Teralytics
Additional Information about our Practices
- Information Relating to Children
- Information Security
- Do Not Track
- Changes to This Policy
Information about our Services.
What Information Do We Collect for Our Services?
As described in more detail below, we collect and combine a variety of information to provide Services to our clients and business partners. When providing our Services, we do not seek to collect personal information such as any individual’s name, birthdate, phone number, social security number, payment card number, address, or other information that might directly identify individuals. We do not seek to collect information that we consider to be sensitive, including but not limited to: details of past, present, or potential health status, medical conditions, or medical treatments; genetic information; family medical histories; financial account numbers or other financial account identifiers; political and religious beliefs and/or affiliations; interest in or use of adult products or services; and illegal activities. Regardless of the source of the information, if we learn that we have collected information that we consider to be sensitive, we take reasonable steps to promptly delete the information from our systems.
Carrier Data. We partner with wireless carriers to provide us with certain information regarding their subscribers’ online activities and their subscribers’ locations (collectively, “Carrier Data”). We do not attempt to determine the identities of subscribers that are associated with Carrier Data. We implement internal policies and procedures that are designed to prevent the identification of subscribers, and we require wireless carriers to take steps that help prevent the identification of subscribers.
Carrier Data in the general case may include masked (i.e., obfuscated) subscriber identifiers.
In Europe, Teralytics works only with anonymized location data. In the US and Asia, we may receive location data of various granularity as provided by the wireless carrier as well as a partial record of subscribers’ online activities. The latter may contain information about most visited domains (i.e., websites like espn.com), website sections (e.g., edition.cnn.com), mobile applications and other services) that a subscriber’s device accesses.
How Do We Use Information Collected for our Services?
We use Carrier Data to operate, maintain, enhance, provide, and protect our Services. This includes:
- Analyzing mobility patterns;
- Generating aggregated statistical reports (e.g. aggregate commuting patterns to inform public transportation, city governments and mobility services);
- Improving our Services and developing new features or offerings;
- Honoring opt-out requests;
- Troubleshooting our Services; and
- Engaging in internal research.
Additional Uses of Information Collected for our Services in the US
In the US, we may additionally use Carrier Data for:
- Inferring the interests of users based on obfuscated identifiers, location data, domain visits, and other information we may collect from wireless carriers and data partners; We do not offer location information to advertisers for geographical areas smaller than 1/3 square miles;
- Providing our customers with information about user interests to support personalization, interest-based advertising, location-based advertising (subject to the geographical restriction mentioned above), and research;
- Supporting advertising delivery and reporting.
We may combine or aggregate some, any or all of the information we collect through our Services for any of the above mentioned purposes.
We do not retain information collected for our Services for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. In any event, we do not retain the collected information for longer than five years unless: (i) the data is modified so that it cannot reasonably be linked to a device or individual; (ii) we are legally required to retain the information for longer than five years (e.g., to comply with a court order); or (iii) the information is retained solely to honor an individual’s opt-out request or other stated preference. Further, certain information, including Carrier Data that includes device level web browsing or other device activity information outside of movement patterns, is deleted or de-identified not later than after six (6) months, unless we are legally required to maintain the data.
How Do We Share Information Collected from our Services?
We may share information collected from or received through our Services:
- With affiliates, clients and business partners, service providers, or other entities that provide services to us in connection with our business operations; and
When we share information, we take reasonable steps to prohibit recipients from attempting to identify the individuals who may be represented in the data. However, we cannot guarantee that recipients will never do so.
We do not share precise location information we may receive from wireless carriers with third parties for their own use unless we are legally required to do so.
We may share statistics and information derived from or based on location information for marketing research and related purposes only after aggregating or de-identifying information and taking steps to prevent recipients from being able to reasonably identify individuals or their devices.
In some circumstances, we may share information with third parties that may have a reasonable need to identify individuals who may be represented in the data. For example, we may share information:
- For purposes of coordinating with wireless carriers and other third parties to honor interest-based advertising opt outs;
- With third parties when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to protect the legal rights, safety, and security of Teralytics, our affiliates, business partners, or users of our Sites and Services;
- To prevent fraud;
- To comply with or respond to a court order, law or legal process, or request for cooperation by a government or other entity; and
- To respond to and resolve complaints.
In addition, we may share information that cannot reasonably be linked to particular individuals or devices with third parties for other purposes. For example, we may share aggregated statistics with third parties for reporting or research purposes.
Additional Sharing of Information Collected for our Services in the US
In the US only, we may share data with advertisers and other companies that use the information we provide about online activities and locations to support statistical research or interest-based advertising, or location-based advertising. When we share location information to support interest-based advertising, we do not share location information that is both: 1) attributable to a particular individual or device identifier, and 2) more precise than 1/3 square mile.
What Choices Do You Have About Information Collected for Our Services?
Additional Choices for Information Collected for our Services in the US
You can register your preference to not have Carrier Data used for interest-based or location-based advertising with your wireless carrier in the US. If you take this step, we will not use data from your wireless carrier for these purposes.
You can also select "Limit Ad Tracking" on Apple iOS or "Opt-out of interest-based ads" on Google Android, which signals to advertisers and ad delivery companies that you do not wish to receive targeted advertisements.
We are committed to providing people with access to and information about choice mechanisms that allow people to register their preferences regarding how our Services may be used to support and deliver interest-based advertising. As additional information and resources become available, we may update this section.
Information about our sites.
What Information Do We Collect on Our Sites?
Information You Provide. We generally don’t ask you to provide information about yourself when you use our Sites. But, when you communicate with us or request information from us, we may ask you for information like your name, phone number, or email address. And to access certain features on our Sites, you may need to provide your username, password, or other credentials.
Information Automatically Collected From You. We and our analytics providers may collect or receive information over time and across different websites when you use our Sites. We and our analytics providers collect some of this information using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use our Sites, we may receive your Internet Protocol address, your general geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on our Sites, actions that you take on our Sites, the pages you view immediately before and after you access our Sites, and the search terms you enter on our Sites.
How Do We Use Information Collected from Our Sites?
We use the information we collect through our Sites to:
- provide you with information and services;
- improve our Sites;
- understand the interests of our users;
- generate and analyze statistics about how people use our Sites;
- communicate with you;
- protect our Sites, ourselves, and our users;
- detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, and violations of law or other misuses of our Sites;
- deliver marketing communications, special offers, or advertisements that may be of interest to you, including the delivery of targeted advertisements that are based on your previous online activities on our Sites or third-party websites (for example, if you view a page on our Sites about data analytics products, you may receive online advertisements for those products on the websites you visit); and
- fulfill the purposes described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through our Sites for any of these purposes.
How Do We Share Information Collected from Our Sites?
We may share information collected from or received through our Sites for the same purposes described in the “How Do We Share Information Collected from our Services?” section. We may also share information collected from or received through our Sites with companies like online network advertisers that automatically collect or receive information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites to deliver advertising, including interest-based advertisements on our Sites and other websites.
In addition, we may share information that cannot reasonably be linked to particular individuals or devices with third parties for other purposes. For example, we may share aggregate statistics with third parties for reporting or research purposes.
Information relating to Job Applicants
Collection and Use of Information Collected for Employment Purposes
Teralytics will collect and process as explained further information about you that you voluntarily communicate to Teralytics for potential employment-related purposes, including:
- to assess your suitability for a role with Teralytics;
- to negotiate with you and make offers of employment;
- for your supervision and management; and
- for any residual employment-related activities in respect of your application or employment.
This personal information could include the information that Teralytics may obtain from the references that you provide to Teralytics as an additional source of information about your educational background or professional experience.
The information about you that is collected by Teralytics in relation to your application may further be used for internal statistical analysis and reporting purposes.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
Teralytics may need to share your personal information internally with its subsidiaries and affiliates, which may involve transferring your personal information outside of the country in which it was collected. These recipients of your personal information will process the information about you in accordance with the applicable principles of data protection set by the applicable laws and regulations and industry best practice standards of the country in which the data was collected.
We may share personal information with service providers that provide services to us in connection with our employment and screening operations.
Where required, your information may be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory or other government agencies, or other third parties to the extent necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests.
Storage of Your Personal Information
If you are hired by Teralytics, your personal information collected during the recruitment campaign will be transferred to the employee file.
If you are not hired this time, information that you provided to Teralytics will be retained, as permitted or required by applicable laws, for example, so that Teralytics can contact prior applicants regarding other opportunities.
Your Rights as an Applicant
- Request access to your personal information, including a request to get copies of your personal records.
- Request correction of your personal information.
- Withdraw your consent that you may have provided to the processing of your personal information at any time.
How to Contact Teralytics
All your requests to access your personal information, request to revoke your consent to have your personal information processed by Teralytics, as well as any other inquiries or complaints related to the processing of your personal information by Teralytics, should be forwarded electronically for a response or an action to privacy [ at ] teralytics.net.
Additional Information about our Practices
Information Relating to Children
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of thirteen. If we learn that we may have received information from someone under the age of thirteen, we will take reasonable measures to remove the information.
The protection and security of information is important to us. We use physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information. However, no information system can be fully secure. So, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to Teralytics.
Do Not Track
At this time, there is no general agreement on how companies like us should interpret Do Not Track signals. We do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals, whether that signal is received on a computer or on a mobile device. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so at http://allaboutdnt.com.
Changes to This Policy
We may update this Notice from time to time. Our use of the information we collect is subject to the Notice in place at the time the information is collected. When we update the Notice, we will post the new Notice on our Sites. Recent changes are:
- August 23, 2017: Updated to include US-only options.
- November 28, 2017: Updated to reflect Asia-only options.
- December 30, 2017: Updated to include handling of job applicant’s data.
- March 8, 2018: Reviewed and updated as a part of the annual review process.
If you have any questions about this Notice, or our collection and use of your information collected in association with our Sites or Services, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
85 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004
|Teralytics Pte. Ltd.|
100 Beach Road
#17-05/06 Shaw Tower